We have waves almost all of the time. If there is little swell we have a number of great attractions and activities in the area to keep you entertained.
Otherwise, you can relax at the camp where we have a Ping-Pong table, multiple hammocks, books, DVDs and an open bar with cold beers and rum.
While at Rise Up Surf Retreats you will be surfing an array of waves that are always chosen to suite your level and best prevailing conditions (We are working on a list and will be done soon 😉
We include boards in all our packages. However if you have a particular preference then please reach out to find out what boards we have available.
We are able to cater to most dietary requirements as long as we have prior notice. Please specify any dietary requirements you may have on the registration form.
All in country taxes are included but you may have a fee depending on the method of payment you are using.
The electrical outlets in the rooms are US and run on 110v.
In all our locations there is limited wi-fi available in common areas but inside the rooms.
- Managua International Airport is located two and half to three hours from our locations in Northern Nicaragua.
- Grantley Adams International is the airport for Barbados.
- San Jose first and then Puerto Jimenez for Costa Rica.
- La Aurora International airport in Guatemala.
All our packages include round-trip transportation to and from the International or in the case of Costa Rica only the local airport of Puerto Jimenez.
We are happy to help you plan onward travel. Simply let us know where you are going and we will organize it and the appropriate extra cost.
- Check-in is at 2pm.
- Check-out is at 11am.
Due to our model of running retreats Saturday to Saturday it really depends on the location and what is happening at that specific time so please ask and we can let you and accommodate you if we can.
Requests for early arrival before the designated check-in is possible based on availability.
You will be happy to know Nicaragua is the safest country in Central America and in addition the location of Rise Up Surf Retreats is peaceful and completely safe. Our guests are our number one priority and if for any reason we ever felt you would be in danger in anyway we would let you and probably would not run the retreat as for us it is not worth the risk.
- We strive to be fully aware of guests who may have allergies, injuries or serious medical conditions
- Our local surf instructors and guides are ISA certified, life guard certification and hold their First Aid certifications. On top of that they have years of experience teaching. Our coaching methods and sound and thorough and truly focus on how to surf safely as one of the foundations when working with us.
- Our guests are always given the appropriate information and instructions about the surf and activities to ensure their health and safety
- Our drivers, boat captains and volcano guides are all First Aid Certified
- We keep a full medical kit on site at the camp and always travel with a medical kit when on any kind of trip.
- Our boat and vehicles are kept in good condition, with regular maintenance.
- We have an emergency plan that includes contacting reliable English speaking doctors at the emergency clinic nearby. We always have a cell phone or radio on us in the event of an emergency.
For more on our health and safety please read our terms and conditions. It is also compulsory to have international medical insurance to come on a trip with us and have this information available for us to find in the case of an emergency.
Upon entering Nicaragua you will be charged a $12 USD fee for a tourist card that is valid for 3 months. This tourist card is available for citizens of most countries around the world. In addition it is required you have a passport that is valid for more than six months.
If you are from Panama or South America or have visited these regions in the 6 months prior to coming to Nicaragua then a yellow fever vaccination and certificate is mandatory.
Please check with the embassy in your home country if you have any doubts.
Yes absolutely. Insurance is compulsory to come on our retreats and our recommendation is Global Rescue as they cover all the activities you will be doing on your trip. If you have a preferable insurance provider please be sure to check that your policy includes travel cancellation, delays, and medical coverage in the case of an accident or injury doing activities such as surfing or hiking on volcanoes.
We recommend a 10% tip on trip total.
Please let the management team know when you are on site and then we will email you a copy of your receipt.
Children up to 3 years old are free. Then children from the age of 3 to 8 are 25% off and from 8 and above is full price.
We recommend bringing cash to pay for alcoholic drinks, massages, souvenirs, extra activities and tips. Cash is recommended as in some locations it is the only method possible.
For more questions about Rise Up then please email Corina our reservations manager directly at [email protected]