Updated: 20th March 2022
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
Please take the time to carefully read the following general terms and conditions. By reserving and/or booking your stay, you agree to these bilateral respective rights and obligations set out here.
The following general terms and conditions apply to any commercial relationship between the company Rise Up Surf Retreats and you, the customer.
The following names and terms herein have the meaning defined below:
- Company: Rise Up Surf Retreats
- Customer: guests / client / participant
1. Contract Closing and Reservation
In order to review reservations in the case of a misunderstanding, reservation requests must be submitted in written form via the reservation form on our website. The contract between Rise Up Surf Retreats and the guest is effective when the reservation confirmation and guest registration form has been sent from Rise Up Surf Nicaragua to the guest, who implicitly accepts the general terms and conditions of Rise Up Surf Retreats by submitting the guest registration form.
For reservations made more than 60 days prior to the retreat start date, the reservation is complete once full payment of the deposit being $500 USD per person has been received. For reservations, less than 60 days from the retreat start date, the full price of the retreat is due in order to complete the reservation.
- All reservations are subject to availability
- Unconfirmed or unanswered replies to email correspondence replying to inquiries, requests or reservations including reservations with unpaid deposits will be cancelled after 7 days to provide the company with the opportunity to resell the space.
- All requests and reservations are subject to the prices and conditions at the moment of booking, as given on the website of Rise Up Surf Retreats (https://www.riseupsurf.com)
- If the booking is made for the following year, prices and services stated on the invoice apply and may differ from those given on the website as they will be subject to the prices of the current year.
- All additional services and extras (e.g. surfboard rentals or private photography or special meal planning) are to be stated on the registration form.
- The minimum age for booking without written parental consent is 18 years. However, teenagers can stay with us if accompanied by parents or guardians.
- State of health / physical fitness: With the reservation, the client confirms that he/she is physically fit and does not have any pre-existing conditions or injuries that could be affected by surf activities. To participate, swimming skills and physical fitness are required. If you have any doubts, contact your doctor before making a reservation.
- Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstance even in the event of a political crisis, sickness, family death, epidemics, pandemics ((e.g Covid -19), civil war or natural disaster but will be valid for another trip with Rise Up in the same country on a trip within 6 months from retreat date as long as we have more than 60 days notice but not transferable to other people and not valid after 6 months.
2. Insurances and Travel Documents
- International travel to and from chosen retreat country is not included in the package prices and is the responsibility of the client.
- All participants are required to have international travel insurance to cover any possible cancellations, travel issues, injury and any related Covid – 19 costs.
- Travel documents: Each guest is responsible for the procurement of necessary travel documentation such as a passport. This will need to have a validity of at least 6 months to enter the chosen retreat country. Please contact your local embassy if you have any concerns regarding the chosen retreat country entrance requirements.
3. Payment Conditions
Guests received the reservation confirmation and payment must be made according to the below conditions:
- $500 USD non-refundable and non-transferable deposit to book retreat but it will be transferable to another retreat within 6 months of the original retreat date if we are given more than 60 days notice. Deposits are non-transferable to another person.
- Full Payment is due 60 days before the start date of retreat and this payment is also non-refundable under any circumstances even in the event of last-minute travel cancellation due to COVID, political crises, natural disaster or any other issue.
Cancellation and Rebooking by the Customer
Unfortunately, due to several last-minute cancellations in the past, we have been forced to implement the following cancellation policy.
Every cancellation or rebooking request must be submitted in written form via email. In case of cancellation, the following cancellation fees may apply, depending on the date of cancellation. The receipt of the cancellation notice is the definition of the cancellation period.
- Cancellations 60 days prior to arrival: Guest will be refunded 100% of payments made (less $500 US non-refundable deposit)
- Cancellations made less than 60 days before the arrival date are non-refundable and the full balance is due.
- Customers who want to cancel their booking have the right to assign a replacement person, who fulfils the conditions set out in these general terms and conditions.
Rise Up Surf is not responsible for cancellations and will not be refunding deposits/payments due to personal illness, travel delays, acts of God (tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, volcanic eruption), epidemics, COVID pandemic, political unrest.
Cancellation by the Company
Rise Up Surf retreats reserves the right to resign from a contract under extraordinary circumstances: If the booked service and/or arrangement can not be provided due to force majeure (e.g. epidemics, pandemics, storms, catastrophes, strikes, political unrest, war, terrorism, staff illness etc), or if certain conditions present an unacceptable danger to the participant, the company has the right to cancel the contract with immediate effect. Payments already made by the customer (except the initial $500 US) will be refunded within three months of the cancellation. The initial deposit will, however, be valid for another trip with Rise Up in the same country on a trip within 6 months from the retreat date as long as we have more than 60 days notice but not transferable to other people and not valid after 6 months.
4. Pricing and Services
Prices and services are subject to change. The customer will be charged the rate specified on the Rise Up Surf website at the time of booking – the reservation confirmation and invoice will outline the package and current rates. Rise Up Surf Retreats reserves the right to change its prices without prior notice, if conditions change (e.g. newly introduced or changed fees of third party providers, governmentally imposed price regulations and currency fluctuations).
Rise Up Surf Retreats reserves the right to change its offer or individually agreed services due to extraordinary circumstances (e.g. force majeure, governmental regulations, delays of third parties, weather and oceanic conditions). If any essential contract paragraph is changed, the customer will be informed immediately.
Guests are responsible for all international travel fees.
Customers participation in any of the Rise Up Surf Retreats services, activities or any other arranged event is at the customer’s own risk. The customer releases, waives and holds harmless the company, its offices, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages, commitments, expenses (including legal costs) during or in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by Rise Up Surf Retreats, which may arise from, but are not limited to any injury, accident, illness, death, material damage or personal damage to the customer or to others.
Rise Up Surf Retreats is not responsible for the theft of valuables, delays, traffic obstructions and any related expenses that may result from such circumstances. The customer also indemnifies Rise Up Surf Retreats its officers, agents and/or its employees against all claims, losses, damages or expenses that any one or more of his/her executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by Rise Up Surf Retreats, and against any costs including legal fees that may incur as a result of any such claims, losses damages or expenses whether valid or not.
It is the customers’ responsibility to inform the company about any chronic diseases or illnesses prior to arrival. The customer accepts all risk and will not hold the company responsible for any health impairments resulting from his/her chronic disease or illness. Accidents or injuries of any kind or origin (surfing, driving, falling, etc.) are beyond influence and the company cannot be held responsible. Unutilized items of a package are nonrefundable.
The customer will be responsible for any damage caused to equipment that belongs to the company (SURF BOARDS, sheets, cameras, fishing equipment, furniture or any other items) and will be charged a repair or replacement fee. Please note that temporary tattoos and colored sunscreen can permanently stain bed sheets and towels, if stains cannot be removed, the guest will be charged a replacement fee.
Rise Up Surf Retreats values customer safety and adheres to strict safety standards. Its employees attend regular safety, first aid, International Surfing Association instructor courses, as well as internal coaching and training. By providing qualified drivers, trained surf-coaches and carefully choosing the surf spots according to the surf level of the participants, Rise Up Surf Retreats minimizes the risk of accidents and injuries. Rise Up Surf Retreats cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur while participating in surf activities. The customer accepts all costs for medical care and therefore should ensure they have international medical insurance.
Please remember to check your travel insurance policy to ensure it covers activities such as surfing, driving in boats and hiking volcanoes.
The customer is responsible for any damage and loss of property or equipment of Rise Up Surf Retreats (for example surf equipment). Repair or replacement fees will be paid by the customer prior to their departure. Rise Up Surf Retreats cannot be held responsible for poor surf conditions, therefore your arrival signifies the start of your ‘surf-guided/ coaching trip’, regardless of the conditions, including possible non-surf days. There may be days with poor waves, too big of a swell, strong wind or thunderstorms. These are factors that we can neither predict nor influence. We will do our absolute best everyday to find great surf breaks and quality waves.
Rise Up Surf Retreats is not responsible for services provided by third parties. For example, the power company or transport services not booked with our reliable transport providers.
6. Exclusion of Participation
The participant is obligated to follow the instructions of the company staff. If the customer conceals physical and/or health issues, is unfit, acts irresponsibly and/or causes disruptions that endanger the provision of the service and/or the health of other participants, the image of the company, its reputation and its employees or equipment the customer can be excluded from the participation of the Rise Up Surf Nicaragua offer after an initial warning. If the situation arises, the contract will be terminated without further notice, already paid costs are nonrefundable and incurring costs are to be paid by the customer.
Sport and adventure activities, especially on or in the ocean such as surfing or boating, carry with them some degree of risk. Each participant must carefully judge whether his/her state of health and fitness level permit them to undertake such an activity under the prevailing conditions. The customer consents to at his/her own cost receive medical treatment deemed necessary by Rise Up Surf Retreats in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson or taking part in any other activities associated with surfing lessons, boat trips, horse riding, stand up paddle boarding, hiking a volcano or volcano boarding and also agrees to indemnify the company in the respect of such medical treatment.
9. Data Usage and Protection
On occasion we will produce promotional items such as brochures, calendars, websites, films, etc. Therefore, the customer agrees that he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during his/her stay and/or activities in connection with Rise Up Surf Retreats and also agrees that Rise Up Surf Retreats may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent. The customer agrees that his/her personal data may be used by the company for marketing and market research purposes. The company assures that all personal data will be treated confidentially and not be transferred to any third party other than necessary to fulfill the booking or deliver the requested service. The customer can terminate this agreement at any time in written form via email. In that case, the personal data and/or footage will not be used for market research purposes.
10. Ineffectiveness of Individual Provisions
The ineffectiveness of individual provisions of the contract or of the general terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
I HAVE READ THE WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY OF THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY COMPLETION OF MY BOOKING TO AGREE TO A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY.