COVID-19 & Costa Rica
We know this isn’t the fun part, but no stress—in no time, the only thing we’ll be sharing with you are waves!
Entry Requirements COVID-19
Entry to Costa Rica is authorized for all countries in the world by air and sea. Land borders remain closed. You can enter the country on commercial or private international flights that land at Juan Santamaría and Daniel Oduber Quirós airports. In the case of entering the country by sea, you can enter the country on yachts and sailboats only through Golfito, Los Sueños, Pez Vela, Banana Bay and Papagayo shores. The tourist must meet visa requirements and requirements established in the framework of the pandemic. The Government of the Republic does not request coronavirus screening tests nor does it issue sanitary confinement orders as requirements to enter the country by air. Those people who enter the country by sea and who have not made a stopover elsewhere, should not be subjected to isolation if they have been sailing for more than 14 days. Tourists visiting Costa Rica are required to observe the sanitary protocols established for carrying out all tourist activities in the country.
Country Entry Requirements
For information on visas, please visit the website of the General Directorate of Migration and Foreigners: https://www.migracion.go.cr/Paginas/Visas.aspx In the framework of the pandemic, the following requirements were also established:
- Complete the digital form called HEALTH PASS, which is available at: https://salud.go.cr
The Health Pass can only be completed 48 hours before boarding. It must be accessed in updated browsers or Internet Explorer. The form must be completed by each person, including minors, without exception.
- Purchase health insurance
Tourists must purchase mandatory travel insurance that covers quarantine accommodation and medical expenses due to COVID-19 disease. For more information regarding Costa Rica’s COVID-19 Policy, please visit their website here.
We’re Here To Help
- Once you have made your reservation with Rise Up we can handle all the logistics from there
- Book your flight to San Jose then send Rise Up all the details and we will assist with the booking of the internal flight to Puerto Jimenez.
- Upon arrival at the San Jose airport, make your way to the domestic terminal about 3 minutes walk from the international. If flying in the day before we can recommend hotels close by to the airport. Or if arriving from other parts of Costa Rica we will help with any details.
- Check-in and fly to Puerto Jimenez which is one of the most beautiful flights in the world which takes approximately 1 hour.
- Upon arrival at the airport in Puerto Jimenez, The Rise Up crew will be there to meet you and take you straight to the lodge which is a 45-minute drive along the coast and through jungles and rivers.
After an incredible week of surf, yoga, food, great adventures, and awesome company, Rise Up will organize for a doctor to come to the resort and do your covid test, which will be emailed to you in time for your international flight. The cost of this test is $160 USD
Rise Up Surf Procedures
As Rise Up operates in open-air spaces and all activities, surf lessons, and other activities are outdoors, we do not expect much to change about the Rise Up Surf experience. That said, we have implemented some extra measures to ensure you feel extra safe during your stay:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in key areas in the resorts. All guests are required to sanitize upon arrival, and each time they enter from their rooms.
- Greater distance in lounge and dining areas, yoga space, and during surf classes and video feedback sessions will be implemented—observing the 2m distance rule. Dining will take place in our outdoor rancho and only plated meals will be served.
- We will assign guests a personal yoga mat, block, and strap to use throughout the week. You are welcome to bring your own.
- All our vehicles for airport transfers or surf trips will be disinfected before and after every trip. All drivers will wear masks at all times.
- All team members will be monitored closely and anyone with any flu-like symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- All the staff in contact with guests will wear masks when the 2m rule can not be observed and will change clothes upon arrival.
- Hand washing will take place every 30 minutes, and every 15 minutes for our chef—washing of hands will be mandatory upon each entry to the kitchen.
- There will be an increased disinfection of common spaces.
- Masks and gloves will be worn by housekeeping staff at all times, and changed between each room.
- We will verify daily if guests would like their room to be cleaned or not.
- Rise Up requires all guests to confirm no cold or flu-like symptoms 48 hours from arrival.
- We ask guests to be respectful of other guests and our staff and keep a safe distance— please consider your room/group your bubble.
- Masks are not required, but we ask that when unable to safely distance from others, guests use their discretion.
- We ask that guests bring their own masks.
COVID Cancellation Policy
- All deposits/ payments are -non-refundable but can be used towards a future retreat at any location until December 31st, 2021 with a 10 days notice via email.
- In case of last-minute cancellation (within a week ) related to COVID, Rise Up will make an effort to make your deposit valid until 2022. Every case will be evaluated individually.
- Rise Up requires all guests to confirm a lack of COVID symptoms 48 hours from arrival via email.