Work with Rise Up Surf Retreats
We are looking for exceptionally talented and down-to-earth people to join our familia! Must be passionate about surf, yoga, travel and holistic lifestyle. We welcome those inspired to change the lives of people and the planet.
As Rise Up seeks to grow and evolve in the coming years, we are looking for a unique and highly talented person to take on the Role of Surf director.
- Creation, development and implementation of the surf program at Rise Up
- Training and coaching on all aspects of the surf program to our coaching team.
- Overall management of the entire coaching team.
- Minimum 5 years of coaching experience, coaching beginners to highly advanced surfers
- Deep love and passion for surfing and strong desire to share this with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly detailed orientated
- Good understanding of the Spanish language
Full-time position, with 1-year commitment (minimum). You’ll get a monthly salary and be based in Nicaragua with the opportunity to travel worldwide!
- At least 3 years coaching experience of all levels from beginner to advanced.
- Main coach for a group – plan weekly and daily surf lessons and take students through a steady development throughout the week. This includes video/photo analysis and theory classes based on student’s level.
- Meet and coordinate each evening with guests and staff to plan the schedule for the following day.
- Create and provide lessons that are professional, fun, and safe, but also flexible to the needs of individual guests.
- Coordinate with other instructors to ensure they are giving guests the correct information and attention they need.
- Plan and execute relevant surf theory classes for your group.
- Responsible for effective communication with the managers, other surf instructors, and the rest of the team to ensure that all guests needs are met and daily operations run smoothly.
- During the week, you are also involved in hosting guests, but in general this comes naturally as part of the day to day rhythm.
- Weekly/ monthly inventory and maintenance of surf equipment.
We are looking for a highly talented chef to join our team for the coming season for a minimum of 6 months starting this November.
We are looking for someone who is an incredible chef that’s detail orientated and loves sharing excellent food to ensure people are healthy and thriving during the retreats.
Our chef will be responsible for the overall food program at our Rise Up retreats located in Northern Nicaragua. We offer healthy, primarily plant-based food incorporating local seafood and meats to nourish the mind, body and soul.
The principal duties will be:
- Creating and executing a full menu including continental and hot breakfast, lunch & a three-course dinner with appetisers, main course and dessert for up to 15 people.
- Create a snack and smoothie menu
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen and bar, including ordering, cleaning duties, staff duties and training.
As you will be working with a small local team in the kitchen and local suppliers within the region, a good understanding of the Spanish language will be a tremendous asset. (We will consider applications if you don’t speak Spanish based on your skill set).