Surf Coaching Director
- At least 10 years surf experience and 5 years hands on surf coaching experience with in depth knowledge of technical surf coaching for all levels of surfing from absolute beginner to advanced surfers.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The main role will be to develop and implement the surf coaching program to take our coaching program to a new level.
- Train all coaches on the surf program and support them to ensure they are fully equipped with the knowledge to coach effectively and consistently based on the guests needs
- Constantly monitor and support the coaching team to ensure we are delivering a unique and fun approach to coaching
- Planning daily/ weekly theories and timing and materials needed for each person and group based on guest specifics
- This position is not for the average surf coach and will lead to an incredible long-term opportunity with room to grow as we want to create a program we can replicate no matter where we are running retreats.
- At least 3 years coaching experience of all levels from beginner all the way up to advanced.
- Main coach for a group – plan weekly/ daily surf lessons taking students through a steady development throughout the week including video/photo analysis and theory classes based on their level. Groups of 3 people max.
- Meet and coordinate each evening with guests and staff to plan the schedule for the following day.
- Create and provide lessons that are professional, fun and safe but also flexible to the needs of individual guests and coordinating with other instructors to ensure they are giving the right guests the information and attention they need.
- Plan and execute relevant theory classes for your group.
- Responsible for effective communication with the other managers, chef and other surf instructors and the rest of the team to ensure that all guests needs are met and daily operations run as smooth as possible.
- Weekly you are also involved in hosting guests but in general this comes naturally as part of the day to day rhythm.
- Weekly/ monthly inventory and maintenance of surf equipment
Yoga/ Movement/ Breath work Specialist
- Expert in a wide range of movement modalities that include different styles of yoga, functional movement and HIIT training
- Certified breathwork specialist able to cater to a wide range of levels and with a particular focus on surfing but able to guide anyone
- A knowledge of the use of recovery modalities such as ice baths and heat therapy and massage therapies and
- This position is not for the average yoga instructor and will lead to an incredible long-term opportunity with room to grow. One key aspect is that we are looking to develop our own online platform for our audience so being comfortable in front of the camera would be amazing.
Videographer/ Photographer/ Media Manager
We are looking for someone with a passion and love for all things surf, travel and holistic lifestyle but who is also a highly talented photographer and videographer. The idea is to capture and create all things Rise Up in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and all over the world while managing all the content we have.