Barbados is blessed with fun and consistent waves year round, and we know all the best spots to catch them. Not only is Barbados home to perfect waves, but also crystal clear waters and nearly empty beaches. Barbados is a dream for both beginners looking for small and gentle waves, as well as advanced surfers looking for something more serious. Come along on this Caribbean adventure and enjoy the best untouched surf spots this island has to offer.
- Maximum 12 guests
- Accommodation in a beachfront resort.
- 6 days of surf coaching alongside an experienced coach and guide to the best waves in the region for your surf level.
- 6 days of video analysis or surf theory sessions
- Surf Coach ratio of 2:1
- All surf equipment except for rash guards.
- Incredible food prepared by our in-house chefs
- Round-trip transportation to and from the airport at set pick-up times.
- One evening of guided meditation.
- Rise Up goodie bag – t-shirt, pen, Rise Up notebook, personal sunscreen and homemade Nicaraguan towel (starting Christmas)
- 1 weekly ice bath session
- Daily breath work and mobility session
- Daily yoga session
- One dinner out at a local Restaurant
- 2 surf skate sessions depending on surf conditions
- Weekly visit/ presentation to see what Rise Up Kids projects are doing or some other community-based activity
- Activities and adventures at the resort and to the surrounding community and environment, such as horse riding with tortilla making, bonfires at sunset, movie night, chocolate making, community visit and a boat trip to explore mangroves.
- An incredible team to ensure you have the best retreat experience ever.
Enjoy peaceful yoga classes overlooking the stunning landscape of green jungle meeting the blue sea. Offered as the perfect compliment to daily surfing, let your body and mind relax and reset. Our highly experienced teachers will tailor classes to the needs of the group, so that everybody is welcome to unwind and enjoy the endless benefits of yoga.
More than just sun and waves, Barbados is home to a vibrant culture. Explore the rich history, delicious food, and artistic communities this island has to offer. Referred to as Bajans, the people of Barbados will make you feel right at home – friendly, welcoming, and they really know how to celebrate life. That, paired with the 70 miles of white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, makes this a favorite surf and travel destination. Here are some of the adventures you will experience on the island of Barbados:
- Go on a catamaran cruise – swim with sea turtles, snorkel, and drink local rum
- Hike and horseback ride on the rugged east coast
- Cruise on a glass-bottom boat for sunset
- Enjoy a meal with us at our favorite local restaurant
Kitesurfing, golfing, fishing, and tours to Harrison’ Cave and St. Nicolas Abbey are available at an extra cost
At Rise Up, we believe food should not only taste good, but make you feel good. Using fresh and local ingredients, all of our meals will fuel you for the week. Our talented chefs create delicious and nutrient dense meals and will cater to any dietary need. We enjoy all of our meals family-style, eating in the breezy, open-air dining area. With four meals on offer every day, plus appetizers and dessert, you will be able to cruise through each day with energy and a full belly!
At Rise Up, you are welcomed into the family the moment you arrive in Barbados. The week is designed to make you feel at home – so that you can relax, have fun, and create lasting connections. We cannot wait to share an unforgettable week with you! Here is what one guest said about their experience in Barbados.
Charming and colorful, this two-story villa is one of Rise Up’s most luxurious destinations. Surrounded by shady palm trees and a beautiful garden, this home feels like a little slice of paradise. When you are not out surfing, you can relax on a floating lounger in the pool, explore the lively city, or take it easy in the breezy, outdoor living areas.
- 7 bedrooms spread throughout the home
- Master suite available with ensuite bathroom, walk-in closets, and a private terrace
- The other rooms have French doors leading to a patio, garden, pool or deck
- A/C & ceiling fans
- WiFi – but we recommend disconnecting!
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips for staff