Surf. Learn. Relax. Grow. Reset
Are you ready to take your surfing to the next level?
Join Rise Up Surf and Matt Scorringe, the founder of The Art of Surfing (TAOS), for an incredible week of surfing, coaching, unreal adventure and connecting with incredible people.
The retreat vibes
This week-long retreat is for intermediate to advanced surfers who are looking to progress their surfing. Join us for a 7-day all-inclusive retreat where you’ll have the opportunity to be coached by one of the best surf coaches globally, Matt Scorringe. From being an Olympic surf coach to a dad, Matt brings all aspects of learning to the table.
Together, we will tune in to how we help you reach your surfing goals, looking to improve your technique with coaching in and out of the water, leveraging video analysis to help highlight what you are doing well and what you can improve on.
You will be surfing with verdant views of palm trees on the beautiful white sand beaches of Central Nicaragua. Our isolated location allows us to surf the emptiest waves in Nicaragua. Based on the changing tides and conditions, we will make sure to take you to the best breaks each day.
It’s time to surf!
Matt Scorringe & TAOS
“From the moment I first stood up on a wave, my life has revolved around surfing. My passion for coaching has grown out of the knowledge and skills I’ve gained both as a competitive surfer and as the caddy for one of the world’s best surfers.”
After stepping down from professional surfing, Matt founded The Art Of Surfing (TAOS) with a mission to help all surfers fulfil their potential – combining the art of crafting a surfer’s personal style with the science behind mastering the perfect technique and over the last decade, Matt has coached thousands of surfers from over 40 countries to better surfing.
Over the last ten years, Matt have also been the lead coach building Surfing New Zealand’s high-performance pathway programme and was appointed as the NZ Surfing Olympic Coach at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Matt’s coaching programmes specialise in technique and video analysis coaching to help surfers of all levels improve their technique to break through their surfing plateaus.
Resting on the central coast of Nicaragua, this location is only an hour and a half away from Managua International Airport. One of the highlights of this location is the beachfront swim-up bar. Guests can choose from a variety of handmade tropical cocktails to sip on and enjoy oceanside. When you are ready to surf, there is a variety of waves to choose from – perfect for all levels and abilities. This retreat will offer slightly different activity options to our locations in the north, but you can expect the same level of adventure.
Hosting a maximum of 10 guests, this luxury escape offers 5 unique and thoughtfully designed rooms – all equipped with ocean views, private bathrooms, and air conditioning.
At Rise Up, we believe food should not only taste good but make you feel good. Using fresh and local ingredients, all of our meals will fuel you for the week. Our talented chefs create delicious and nutrient-dense meals and will cater to any dietary need. We enjoy all of our meals family-style in the breezy, open-air dining area. With four meals on offer every day, plus appetizers and dessert, you will be able to cruise through each day with energy and a full belly!
Here is an example of a daily menu:
- Cold breakfast: Fresh fruit, homemade banana bread and peanut butter, yogurt, almond granola, fresh juice, coffee, and tea.
- Hot brunch: Mango-chia chocolate yogurt cup, scrambled eggs, tomato basil salad, roasted veggies, avocado toast, and gallo pinto (a Nica staple!)
- Lunch: Veggie burgers with beetroot hummus, yucca chips, cabbage salad, and fried plantains
- Appetizer: Local fish ceviche
- Dinner: Thai green curry, green mango, and fried rice
- Dessert: Roasted banana with rum toffee sauce and a coconut cookie
- 8 days/7 nights
- All meals, drinks, and snacks (excluding alcoholic drinks)
- 6 days of surf coaching
- 6 days of video analysis with Matt (this is what Matt is globally renowned for!!)
- 1x surf session will be filmed and analysed for 6 days
- Free surf time will be available but not guaranteed to be filmed and analysed
- Surfboard rental
- 1 yoga class per day
- Airport transfers (to and from)
- Opportunity to give back!
- 30% off TAOS annual Academy subscription
- Surf videos from your week (extra cost)
- Surf photos (extra cost)
Early Bird – Book by Nov 1st
- International Flights
- International Travel & Health Insurance
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Photo & Video Pack